How to Buy Your Casa Linda Home
Purchasing Dominican Republic real estate is similar to buying in North America. Wildefire Properties will help you step-by-step thru the complete villa purchasing process.
Construction time, from beginning to end, is 4 months.
- Let’s Go For A Tour: Wildefire Properties will show you various completed villas so you can see firsthand floor plans, finishings and styles. Once you have an idea we we will assist you in choosing your lot.
- Lot Reservation: Now that you you have selected your lot we will work with you to complete an “Agreement to Reserve a Building Lot”.
- Legal: Wildefire Properties will personally take you to the lawyer to review all aspects of the purchase process. The lawyer will review the purchase process, taxes and any questions relating to estate planing. Legal fees will need to be paid to the lawyer after the lot reservation is completed and before the Promise of Sale contract is finalized.
- Choose Your Plan: Choose from one of the 10 Standard Plans. Work with the architects to customize or you can provide a complete custom design. When you are satisfied with you customized plan than a final quote will be prepared. Architectural services are provided by the developer free of charge as part of the buying process.
- Final Villa Plan & Approval: We will assist you in working with the project coordinator and architects to completely customize your villa to suit your preferences. If you are out of the country during this process we will work out all details via email.
- Promise of Sale: The lawyer will complete a Promise of Sale contract on your behalf that will include the final plans, the quote, all details of the property and the construction, any financing details, the finishing options and any extras you have picked out for your villa. It will also detail the payments schedule during construction. After the Promise of Sale is signed and the first payment is made less the lot reservation payment than construction can begin.
- Time to Get Building: You can choose to get started right away or over the next several months. As stated above, payment is made at different stages of constructions. Monies are wired to the law firm trust/escrow account and released to Casa Linda upon your approval.
- Decorating Your Villa: Wildefire Properties works with several decorators that can provide a complete or partial turnkey solution based on your preference. Two months before completion is the time to work with a decorator (if you want to) to get furnishings, linens, window coverings, kitchenware, etc for your villa.
- Receive Your Keys: Casa Linda turns over your new completed villa to you to enjoy for many years of caribbean living.
- Final Contract: Once constructions is finished, the lawyer will complete a final contract. After the final contract is signed Wildefire Properties can receive the villa on your behalf if you decided to wait to come out to a completely furnished villa. We will receive the villa on your behalf and complete the deficiency check for you. After your villa is received from the developer than the decorator can start their work and furnish the villa for you.
- Title: After all payments have been made and the final contract signed than the title is conveyed from Casa Linda to your name.